Monday, January 26, 2009

Revival With Pastor Steve Pixler


This past week (January 21st & 22nd) we were blessed to have Pastor Steve Pixler in revival services with us. It was tremendous(did you expect anything less?)! To set the back drop for this posting, I'll give a little history. I met Bro. Pixler about six years ago at a pastoral installation service in Texarkana, TX for Pastor Jason Calhoun. A few weeks later I was catching a Saturday night red eye flight from San Fransisco, CA to Dallas, TX to preach that Sunday morning for Bro. Pixler. Well, I got in at about 6 a.m. and went straight to the hotel got a nap and went to Sunday morning service. It was in his office there at his church in Fort Worth, TX that I really got to meet him more personally. There are many good things I could say about Bro. Pixler, but I'll first start off by saying this, he is one of the most sincere Christians that I've ever met. In the six or so years that I've had the privilege of being friends with him, I have never, ever heard him say an unkind word to, or about anyone no matter what the situation(and believe me there were times when he could have)!

But that morning I walked out of the office and into the sanctuary and the place was full of people worshipping God, and I mean almost everyone was. I'll never forget how that at least eighty to ninety percent of his church was praising God with everything they had! I'm still impressed! Cornerstone Apostolic Church in Fort Worth, TX had an impact on me, because not all churches are like this. I've evangelized for close to ten years and I can tell you, when you find a church like this (and when I did find a churches like this, I marked them in my mind, so that if ever God wanted me to pastor I would know where to look for an example of a revival church) you want the influence of their pastor to help take your church to the next level. So, service went on and when it was time for the preaching, I just thought I'd seen them worship, but as I began to preach they lit that place up with worship! Well, that service was so great(all glory to God!)then afterword Bro. Pixler asked if I could stay that night and preach again, so I did. And that service was awesome, so he asked "can you stay and preach tomorrow night", and I did. So, we had an impromptu revival(those are usually the best) for several nights straight with no breaks, God really moved in those services! One night half the church took off running and dancing through the side and back doors out onto the parking lot still dancing, again Jesus was mighty in that place! Several were healed and received the Holy Ghost in that revival, backsliders came back to God, it was beautiful.

So, a year ago when we took the church here in Vacaville, CA there was no doubt in my mind that at some point we were going to have Bro. Pixler. I wanted him to come and let his spirit and anointing rub off on our church. Besides having one of, if not the greatest mind in the Apostolic movement today, he is one of the best singers, song writers, and pianist. It was such a treat to get to hear him play and sing. I call him "The Frank Sinatra of Pentecost"( and I mean that respectfully), and if you have heard him then you know what I mean. Our church loved his singing so much they complained to me that he only sang three songs the first night. I thought that was great so the next night he did more. I will leave a link at the bottom of the page to his web site.

Let me tell you, he preached two of the most needed messages a church could ever hear! Bro. Pixler flowed in the spirit both nights and we left those services with a changed perception of revival, prayer, and our inheritance. There is no need for me to even try to convey what he preached, because I would not do it justice. I looked out over the church while he was preaching and people had their pens in hand ready to take notes, but as he delivered God's word they were to captivated to write many if any notes(including me). I thank God for what he did in those services, only time will tell the full effect. You cannot measure the move of God or the work of God by instant responses(and there was great response), because the full effect cannot be felt or even seen in jest a few services. And I feel a lot of times we try very hard to make the full effect known immediately, but it is impossible.

I'm very grateful to Bro. Pixler for coming and blessing us and we look forward to his return in April. In the month of February we have another great preacher and dear friend coming to preach a revival for us, Pastor Stephen Hill. We are looking for God to do great and mighty things then also.

In the mean time were still in revival. God's spirit is still flowing, visitors are at almost every service, and the church is praying!


For Pastor Steve Pixlers CD's or church go to:

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I filled up a page in my Bible of notes from Thursday night! Bro.Pixler has such an understanding of the power of words. He selects them carefully and employs them with respect and intelligence. When that is combined with the power of the Holy Ghost, revelation flows. I am looking forward to hearing him again in the spring. :)
PS-LOVE the blog music!